Monday, September 14, 2015

Munich Germany Week 16







Hi friends!

Well this week has been full of interesting events and some good ones! 

Well first of all there was a missionary in out Zone that went home this week to have surgery so his companion has been my companion for this past week! His name is Elder Faux from Orem Utah. He is way cool and it has been nice to have some companionship. Speaking of companionship, I found out that I am getting a new companion next week! So there have only been three of us in the office this transfer and I have been doing all my work alone but on Thursday I get a new comp! His name is Elder Derksen and he is German! He was actually in my MTC group so we already know each other well. He has been serving in Switzerland his whole mission so it will be really cool to work with him. Most Americans never get to have German comps and he will be my third so I'm pretty lucky! More on that subject next week!

So this week has been pretty crazy. Because next week is transfer week that means that I have begun the "heck week" in the office. I have been crazy busy building the big transfer plan that I talk about with all the train times for missionaries and stuff like that. It is fun but without Elder Evans my last comp it is harder and a lot more work! I have not run into any big problems so far but I have still lots of more work to do! I hope everything goes well or the entire mission will hate me which is not so good;)

We have been pretty busy teaching this week which is fun! I will try to give a update with some info on our investigators that are getting close to baptism.

Emannuel - tons of legit. He is from Ghana and we found him through an old investigator of ours. She brought him to church with him. He has a wife and daughter back in Ghana that he is supporting so he works a ton but we meet with each other about twice a week. His baptismal date is the 11th of next month and I think he will for sure be able to make it! He is really into the gospel and really understands it all. He is a really cool guys. He makes very consistent progress which is really cool.

Charles and Omoiye - They are doing good. Our problem in the moment is that they are not legally married even though they say they have been married for like 10 years and have a few kids. We are working with them to get married here but it will be hard because they are not exactly German citizens.

Andrew and Rebecca - continue to be the coolest people on the planet. We are having an African food night with them next week so that should be pretty cool. I am really excited I must say. We still meet with Andrew on Mondays to teach him German which really helps and we meet during the week and they are doing well. 

Well the rest are doing ok but these are the main people we are teaching right now.

We went to this really cool lake for pday today that is about 30 miles south of Munich.  It was very pretty so I will attach some pics!

Have a great week everyone and I hope to hear from you soon!
Elder Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment