Monday, February 16, 2015

Linz Austria Week 5




Hi friends and family! This week has been just great here in Linz! 

First, we had a super cool mission conference in Munichl!   We all piled into a rail jet train and headed to Germany.  About 60% of the mission was there.  Elder Kearon from the Seventy was our presiding authority and spoke to us. It was amazing!  He is a really great guy.  It was also nice to see a lot of the missionary friends that I have not seen in a while.  It seems that when you first come on a mission, you obviously don't know anybody -- but as time goes by, you leave with so many cool friends! It is kind of amazing to see that! Anyway, that was the big highlight from the week.

Today we had a cool district P-day as well.  We all went to Wels, Austria which is only about a 15 minute train ride from Linz -- and we went bowling! It was really fun! It reminded of all the times I went bowling with all my pals back home! We have district meeting tomorrow back in Wels and we are going to this really good schnitzel place.  We’re celebrating that an Elder in our district is dying this transfer.  (That just means he is going home.)  Somehow I got roped into paying for it because I have some extra money for the month. I guess that is what I get for having a big mouth about how much money I have.

We did not do to much teaching this week. We have a lot of investigators but it is just hard for them to find time to meet with us. We just need to keep working hard to find new people to teach. Actually one cool thing happened today — on our way back from Wels, the guy next to me was wearing a jacket and it had a patch on it that said something about the Rocky Mountains and SLC. I asked him if he had ever been to SLC and he didn’t even know where it was.   Anyway, I ended up giving him some stuff about the Church in Linz, so maybe something will come from that?   It was just nice to talk with someone.

Other than that, it is just same old!  We are just going to keep plugging along -- working hard!   Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers for me!   Love you all!

Shöne Woche,
Elder Lyman 

No comments:

Post a Comment