Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Linz Austria Week 6






Hello friends and family! Its me again. Another great week in the mission field. We had transfer calls this week and found out that Elder Spencer and I will be staying together for another transfer! He only has one more after this one so maybe I will "kill him" here in Linz! I do not really want to because I got really "trunky" when Elder Kingery went home, but who knows what will happen? I was actually sick most of this week with a cold so that was a bummer. We had to stay in the flat for one full day. I am feeling much better now, which is good! 

I would like to tell a story this week just to spice things up a little and add some length to my "short, dry" weekly letter -- whatever that means?  A funny thing happened this week which pretty much reflects how my mission has been going so far.  We got a call from a guy who joined the church here in Linz back in 2012.  He then left the church  a year later to become a Muslim (kind of weird i know).  Anyway, he called us and told us that he heard a voice telling him to go back to the Church. He said he wanted to meet with us so that he could be re-baptized because he had his membership removed.  Of course we went over and had a great lesson with him.  We were super excited for him to come back to the Church!  He described the feelings he had as we met with him as "coming home” — so he sounded pretty golden to us!  We were really happy and excited!  This is when the story gets interesting.....The next day we woke up and we had a voicemail from him saying basically he had NO INTEREST in coming back to the Church and he wanted NO CONTACT with us for the rest of his life!  He literally said, "I never want to see you again!" Anyway we were obviously sad — but got over it.  The mission will definitely throw you a curve ball every once in a while!

Well there it is. A story. Take it for what it’s worth. We have a few solid appointments this week with some new people. Hopefully I will be able to report next week our progress with these new investigators!

For P-day today, we rode this little train up to this really sick old church on a mountain here in Linz. It was super cool!  Pöstling Berd is what it is called. Maybe you can google it. Anyway we went up there with some people in the district and it was awesome. It has a great view over all of Linz, so that was cool.

Well, that is it people. We are enjoying ourselves here and working hard. I hope everyone back home has a great week!

Shöne Woche und viel Spaß!
Elder Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment