Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Linz Austria Week 7

 This is Elder Spencer's "I love doing work in the rain 
while listening to Elder Lyman sing" face .


Hi friends and family of me! Wow the weeks are just flying by so fast!  I can't believe that it is already March!  I still have a long ways to go on my mission but the time is going by so fast!

Things in Linz are going really well!  I love this city more and more every day!  It is still really cold and rainy but I think it is almost over.  I really can't wait for it to be warn so that I can go outside in just a short sleeve shirt!  

We had a great week.  We set a baptismal date with one of our investigators!  His name is Maxim and he is from Ghana.  He plays semi pro soccer here in Linz and he is a total BOSS!!!  He is really humble and just looking for the truth.  We set the date for April 4th and then realized that day is General Conference.  We might have to push it back a little for that reason but he is getting baptized none the less! We are really excited for him! 

We also had dinner with our less active member that we have been doing service for and his wife this week!  He has been coming to church a lot more lately which has been really cool! His wife is not a member so we really tried to give a bomb spiritual thought at the end and I think we really nailed it. The spirit was so strong.  After our thought she said that she would like to learn a little more about the church!  We are so excited and hope to start teaching her this week.  It was so cool to see the spirit speaking to her as we testified about the restored gospel!  You could see it in her eyes that she felt something!  It is a great feeling to be an instrument in the Lord's hands and to help people know how much God loves them!

Other than that it has been just a normal missionary week.  We did not really do anything crazy for p-day today.  I finally gave in a bought some cool clothes that I can't wear until I get home but that's ok!  Other than that, we just visited with some cool people while it was raining today! That was a fun!

Well . . . that's all folks!  I'm sure enjoying myself here in Linz!  I hope you all have a great week!  I hope to hear from you soon!

Habe euch lieb,
Elder Lyman



No comments:

Post a Comment