Sunday, June 21, 2015

Munich Germany Week 5



The twins!!

Hi every one!

This has been a crazy week!

So this week has been really, really busy. The thing that is going on in my mission right now that is making it really busy are all of the zone conferences.  Normally that is not a problem but because this week we have to hand out all of the iPads to all of the missionaries my other two companions Elder Plumb and Elder Pingel had to go with President Kohler to help distribute all of them. They are kind of the iPad gurus. They have been on the road all week in Austria and Switzerland so that leaves me and Elder Evans behind in the office to do our job and their jobs as well.  They handle all of the
transportation with cars and bikes and stuff like that.  I know that it is not the most interesting thing to talk about in my weekly letter but that is basically my life right now. This week was also busy for
Elder Evans and I because we got the transfer plan for next transfer.  Basically what that is is a list of all of the current missionaries in their current areas and a new list of where all of the missionaries
that are being transferred are going to. Basically we use these papers to create a transfer map of the whole mission. Once we have done that we have to figure out all of the train times and bus times for all of the missionaries from their old area to their new area for about 250 missionaries. That takes a lot of time and work for us. That is probably the hardest part of our job is organizing all of the
transfers. Well I know how interesting it is to read about my office work but I can probably find something else to talk about.

As for investigators the main people that we are focusing on right now are Andrew and Rebecca who are getting baptized on July 5. They are still making really incredible progress and are more excited than ever to be baptized! Something cool this week is when we showed up to our appointment and they told us they had finished the book of Mormon!  I have never seen anybody read the book of Mormon so fast on my mission.  Not only are they reading the book of Mormon incredibly fast but they are really learning a lot from it and understanding the principles that are taught in it.  It has really been a testimony builder to me that the book of Mormon is true and because the book of Mormon is true, the rest of the church is true as well.  It really is the cornerstone of our religion that holds all the other pieces together and I don't know if I have seen other people that I have taught figure that out yet on my mission so this has been a really great experience for me.

One sad thing I found our this week when we got our transfer calls if that Elder Plumb who is one of my best friends on the mission and has been serving with me in the office, is being transferred after only been here for one transfer. The cool part is that he's actually going to Linz Austria which was my last area! He will get to go around my old stomping grounds and work with some of the people that I was working with before I left! We are really excited for that. Our new companion that is coming is named Elder Samuelson. I have never met him before but I'm sure he will be a great addition to the office staff.

Well family that is about it! I really do love working here in the Mission Office especially Munich because it is such a great City!

Alles Gute aus München!

Schöne Woche,
Elder Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment