Monday, August 3, 2015

Munich Germany Week 11








Hi friends!

A great week was had this week by us ! I will just start from the beginning and talk about some of the big highlights that happened this week!

The first big thing would be that on Monday we found out all the transfers! I will be staying in the Mission Office but one of my comps Elder Evans has been transferred to a place called Lahr! He will be missed. Elder Evans and I did all of our office work together so now I'm the main guy. The other crazy part of these transfers is that no one is coming to replace him so I will be the only office Elder on our side of the office for the next transfer! I will be a lot busier which is good, but I might be stressed out about a lot of stuff. We will just wait and see how it goes! And after we find out transfers we have to re start to build the transfer plan for the whole mission. All the travel and stuff like that. That has kept us pretty busy this week.  It's a lot of work but we have a pretty good system!

Another cool highlight of the week was that we found a special new investigator! There is a family in our ward from Ghana and the husband is a member but the wife is not. She comes to church a lot but is really strong in her own faith. The ward has been trying to get her baptized forever but it just never works out! She had never even met with the missionaries in the past. Well we went over for dinner this week and they cooked us a ton of African Food which was tons of good, but then we gave a spiritual thought based on temple work because that is something that her husband  said she was interested! We talked for a while and she seemed really interested is temple work so we explained that temple work is just one of the many amazing pieces of the restored gospel that could bless her life. We invited her to have us teach her the missionary lessons from Preach my Gospel and she
excepted! We are really excited to start teaching her with the help of her husband! Should be promising!

We also had a killer Pday today! We have been trying to find a way to go visit this really amazing beautiful manner way at the bottom of our area, but it had just been really hard to do because it's so far away.  But, we got invited to have dinner with a member family that live on the U.S. Base that is really close to where we wanted to go! We got lucky and got to drive down there and visit the schloss as they call it in German, and then have dinner at there house on the base! Before we went over to there house we met him at the grocery store at the base pick up a few things. It is an American store so we roomed the isles of the store in amazement to see Root Beer and Dr. Pepper in two liter bottles with flaming hot Cheetos and twinkles and stuff like that! We did leave the store with some A&W and a bottle of Ranch dressing so that was a total tender mercy.

This week was also big because yesterday marks my one year mark of leaving for the MTC! I didn't do anything crazy life burn a tie or a shirt or anything. I simply enjoyed thinking about all the great
things that have happened on my missions! All the amazing people I have met, and all the experiences that have changed me and my testimony forever! I can really say that I know better than ever that the gospel has been restored and that the church of Christ lives and is run by his called leaders! I'm so grateful to serve a mission and I'm so excited to see what the next year brings!

Have a great week everyone and I hope to hear from you all soon!

Alles Gute!
Elder Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment