Monday, May 9, 2016

Vienna Austria


Hello friends and family!

I know I'm so bad at writing weekly letters but I have finally found the time. Well, to start I must say how great it was to Skype my family on mothers Day! It was weird a little but overall it was a
really enjoyable time.

Some really cool things have been happening with the people we are working with. Just two weeks ago, we were walking to our bishops house on a Sunday afternoon for dinner had we had a little extra time so we deciding to talk to people on the way. We stopped an older looking guy and asked him what it meant to find truth in this life. We had a great conversation and we gave us his phone number and told us to call. Since then, we have met twice and he came to church this last Sunday. He is a pretty religious guy and he seems to like everything we teach! He's cool!

Recently another one of our investigators has been making great progress. I don't know if I have talked too much about her. She is a mom of 6 kids and he husband is way cool. She got to know the church through friends a long time ago, but has been meeting with the Elders regularly for the past year I would say. At first, she did not really have a religious background besides being Catholic which means nothing to people here. She comes to church every week with her husband and her kids! She has now gotten to the point where she knows the church is true and she just needs to make the decision to get baptized. She even got all the church kid Manuals so she can teach her kids the gospel. Haha kind of funny.

Things are going really good with my new companion Elder Hale. He is a super nice guy and a hard worker. We are working hard to make progress in our area but to also help all the other missionaries in our zone to be motivated and to be happy! I know two months is not a very long time but I am trying to work my hardest and smartest. I'm very happy with where I'm at right now and the progress I've made over the past while.

Love you all and hope you have a great week!
Elder Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment