Wednesday, August 13, 2014

England MTC Week 2


Hello family and friends!

What is up everyone?  This week had been one for the books!  Actually, to be honest, I basically do the same thing all day every day so its not that exciting!  As for the German . . . it's a trial.  Learning this language it the hardest thing that I have ever done!  It is so frustrating because I have so much to say to my fake investigators about the gospel but I don't know how to say it!  I know that I am getting a lot better with the Lords help.  I will never be able to learn this language on my own.  I know that with the Lords help I can do anything. 


Other than that things are pretty much the same.  I just got back from going to the Temple so that was cool.  I have not seen much of England yet but we are going on a church history tour later this afternoon so hopefully I can see some cool stuff and send some pictures home!  My companion and I are working as hard as we can to learn the language and the gospel.  I had to say goodbye to Spencer last night so that was sad.  He is off to his mission right now and I'm so jealous.  He is so ready to do amazing things.


The highlight of my week here for sure was last night.  After a long day of language study at the MTC there is nothing better than relaxing in the shower and singing Phantom Of The Opera with the other Elders!  Our zone leader, Elder Teal and I were going pretty hard and hitting all the super high notes like bosses.  He then proceeded to steal my towel from my shower.  I opened the shower to get my towel back and standing right outside my shower was none other than President Edwards chewing out Elder Teal for singing so loud and "ugly" at such late an hour.  I then went on to say to President Edwards, "A song of the righteous is a prayer unto me and a blessing will be put upon his head." He didn't think that was funny.  Anyway . . . its all good in the MTC hood.

Love and miss you guys so much!  Lets get it trending #Matt4GiftOfTonges2014
Elder Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment