Monday, October 6, 2014

Salzburg Austria Week 4


Dear Familie,

What a week in the mission field it has been!  Things are going great here in Salzburg!  I thought that Utah was the most beautiful place in the world in the fall . . . until I lived in Salzburg in the fall. I t is super amazing!

This week was pretty normal besides General Conference. We are still waiting to teach our first lesson but we have an appointment tonight so pray it works out!  We have been doing a lot of finding this week in hopes of finding people to teach.  We visit a lot of non and part member families trying to find people to teach.  There are a lot of people walking around Salzburg so we contact a lot of people in the street.  Sometimes I just like walking up to people with a Book of Mormon and tell them that this book will change there life! Sometimes it works but sometimes . . . i get cussed out.  I don't know too many german swear words so I don' t mind to much.  

Something funny that happened while we were finding this week was that some random guy came up to us and asked "sied ihr schwül" which means "are you gay?"  I told him NO we are not, but we are missionaries from the Church of Jesus Christ.  He didn't really care but it was still funny. 

General Conference was the bomb!  It is basically like the Super Bowl when you are on a mission. We took loads of food up to the Church and watched all the sessions except Sunday afternoon. We will watch that one at some point this week.  I have never paid such close attention before while watching conference. I  really don't have a favorite talk yet.  I loved them all and I can't wait to print them out and study them more!  

As for my ability to speak to people, it's coming along pretty good.  It's amazing how much I learn every week.  People are surprised when I tell them that I have only been here a month because my German is "prima" apparently.  I still have lots and lots to learn. 

In the past I have kind of gotten down on myself for not having as good of numbers as I think I could have.  I know that numbers are not everything but I don't like the feeling that I'm not doing what is asked of me.  My goal this week is just to work everyday like it was my last day in the mission field. At the end of the day if I look back and really believe that I did everything in my power to be the best missionary I could be . . . I don't feel bad.  I'm so grateful that the Lord has trust in me to carry his gospel to others.  I miss all my family and friends but serving with my "WHOLE SOUL" (quoting THE Edger Lee Stone) is the least that I can do for my church and my Savior.

Love,
Elder Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment