Monday, October 27, 2014

Salzburg Austria Week 7






Hallo Everyone!

So this week in the mission field has been just peachy.  Now that I am thinking about it, we did not really do much out of the ordinary.  The highlight of the week is probably that Elder Kingery and I got our first real investigator!  Woohoo!  It's kind of weird that it took us a whole transfer to find an investigator but hey thats ok!  Shout out to my friends in South America that baptize 1000 people a week.  My mission is prettier than yours though!  His name is Roman.  He is a little older.  Maybe 70 something and he is currently a Jehovah's Witness which is always fun.  Everyone in Europe hates them because they can be super mean.  We went over to his house and he was waiting for us with Bible in hand.  When he let us in he had no idea what was about to go down.  Little did he know that I was a grandson of Ed Stone and I have been prepared for this moment my whole life.  We basically answered all his questions about our church through the Bible.  It was dope.  I think I kind of shoke his testimony a little.  We gave him a Book of Mormon and he said he would read in it.  We will see.

A lot of people ask me how my German is coming.  It is super tricky to learn but it is super fun!  I think it is amazing that 3 months ago I didn't know anything and now I can talk to people and have conversations is German.  It is such a testimony builder for me that the gift of tongues is real! 

It has been getting a little colder latley.  There is snow on the Alps and it is so beautiful.  The Alps here are so amazing.  Way bigger than the mountains in Utah which I always thought were huge.

This transfer was a 7 week transfer instead of a 6 week transfer which is kind of weird.  One of the Zone Leaders I live with is leaving and the new one is from Scotland.  We will meet him tomorow. 

Things here in Salzburg are slowly improving.  The Lord is putting those people He has been preparing for us to teach into our path and I am so grateful for that!  I know that serving a mission is blessing my life and the life of my family.  I'm having so much fun serving the Lord!  Thank you for all the prayers!

Elder Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment