Monday, November 17, 2014

Salzburg Austria Week 10






Hallo everyone!

This week in Salzburg has been great!  Things are starting to look a lot like Christmas!  They are slowly starting to set up at the Christmas markets.  People in Salzburg go crazy for Christmas!  I really hope I stay here for another transfer so I will be here for it!

This week has been great for missionary work!  We found three new investigators! One of them is an older guy that is paralyzed.  He is great but he is currently an atheist. We will be working on that! The other two are a father and son.  They are some of the most Christlike people I know.  They are currently Catholic.  He is a religion teacher here in Salzburg and his son is studying to become a religion teacher.  They really like Mormons but want to die Catholic because they were born Catholic.  There are some great Catholic people over here but some of them won't ever join the Church just because they were born Catholic.  It is just part of their life even if they never go to church or read the Bible.  I have had some people tell me that they know the Catholic Church is false and that our Church is true and that the Book of Mormon is true but that they just can't join because they are Catholic!  It's crazy but that is what the Holy Ghost is for!  He is the only way people can gain a knowledge of the truth!

I'm loving my mission so much!  I'm having lots of fun!  I think that I'm feeling a different type of joy than I'm used to.  It's not the same joy I felt at home from my family, golfing, biking, skiing and hanging out with my friends.  It is the joy that comes only from serving the Lord! 

Love you all!
Elder Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment