Monday, December 15, 2014

Salzburg Austria Week 14





Hallo Everyone!

This week has been great in Salzburg.  We are getting super close to Christmas and we are pretty excited.  I really can't believe it is almost Christmas.  It seems like yesterday that it was July and I was heading to the MTC and now next week is Christmas!  Soon after that it is my birthday (January 7th to be exact for everyone that really loves me and wants to send me a card or gift or both).  Then . . . on the 31 of January, I will celebrate my 6 month mark on my mission!  That is so nuts!!

One thing we did this week that was great was we went to a parade with all these really scary monsters.  It is a yearly tradition in Bavaria.   They basically walk around and scare the kids and make them cry.  It was pretty freaky but super fun.  We also had our Christmas Conference with President and Sister Kohler which was great.  It was at our church with the Salzburg and Vienna Zone.  We watched the new mormon.org video called "He Is The Gift" which I loved!  They also surprised us and we got to watch "Meet The Mormons" which was amazing!   It was so cool to see how the Church is spreading around the world!

This week I have come to more fully appreciate the gift that Heavenly Father has given us. It must have been the hardest thing for Him to give His Son to the world knowing all that would happen to him.  I can't imagine what that was like.  I'm trying my best to be thankful for the gift of the Savior especially during this Christmas season.  We can never repay Him for what he did but we can do what He asks of us.  I think we all know what we must do to follow the Savior.  Now we just need to do it!!

I hope everyone at home has a great Christmas and a Happy New Year (you filthy animals)! 

Shöne Woche!
Elder Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment