Thursday, January 1, 2015

Salzburg Austria Week 16









What a great week!  Celebrating Christmas in Salzburg was so much fun! We did a lot of really cool things and ate a lot of really amazing food! 

For Christmas Eve we spent most of the day with the Dengg Family in our ward.  They are great! We got on a train in Salzburg and went to the Chapel where Silent Night was written.  There was no room in the train beacuse there were so may people and we had to just stand on the outside platform the whole time.  I have never been so cold in my entire life!  Haha it was good though!  There was a big Christmas market there too which was really fun.  After that we went back to there house and had a big dinner then just played games all night!  

On Christmas day we opened all of our missionary presents from our families.  I think I have eaten my weight in chocolate this week which is not a good thing.  We then went to this super cool young couple in our ward for the afternoon.  We had a big lunch and played games and just chilled.  It was great!  After that we went to the Church and got to skype our families.  That was the best gift I could ever ask for!  It was so good to see my family! 

Austrians also celebrate the 26th here so we did the same thing that day too.  Went to a members house, ate food till we died, then played Phase Ten till we had to go home! It was a great couple of days.  

We did not get to do much missionary work this week because all our investigators were busy and could not meet with us. We are hoping to be able to meet with them this week. 

This was a fantastic week!  I really enjoyed my first Christmas on my mission!  It will definitely be one that I remember. I hope everyone back home had a great week as well. I love you all so dearly!


Elder Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment