Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Linz Austria Week 2







Dear Family,

Well . . . I'm just about settled into my new area of Linz Austria and I really do love it here!  It has taken some getting used too but I think that I am really going to enjoy my time here.  This week has consisted of nothing too out of the ordinary.  My friends keep asking me if I have had any bad food experiences and I had not . . . until this week.  Long story short, there is a "friend of the church" here and he invited us over to his house for lunch - which made me a little nervous.  When we showed up, things were not smelling too good.  We sat down and I could see him putting something onto our plates in the kitchen that looked like wet dirt.  When he brought it to us he said that we would be having blütworst or blood worst and it is exactly what it sounds like.  Sausage with blood in it.  Like its 80% blood!!  You will need to look it up and put a picture on the blog to fully understand it.  It was so gross!!  Then . . . he pulled some pickled fish fillets out of a jar and I will admit that I'm not very proud of what I did next.  That being said, I don't regret it at all!  I politely told him that I have a fish allergy (which is not true) and that I wish I could try it - but I couldn't.  So . . . he gave it all to my companion who was able to enjoy a "double portion"!!  Anyway . . . that is my gross food story.



We have found a lot of new investigators this week which has been nice!  The work is going really well here in Linz and the ward does a great job of supporting the missionaries.  Other that that it is really just same old same old!  I really love Linz and my mission as a whole!  This week is kind of crazy for me because I will hit my six month mark!  Time is really starting to fly by!  That being said it feels like it has been a while since I have seen all my loved ones.  I have learned more about myself these last six months than any other time in my whole life.  I have also learned more about our Savior Jesus Christ.  If there is one thing I know for sure it is that He is our Savior and His plan is perfect and he is the WAY THE TRUTH AND THE LIGHT!

I love you all and God bless you!

Shöne Woche,
Elder Lyman

No comments:

Post a Comment